Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Seth Rollins’ WWE contract is up in June of 2024 (as is his wife’s), per Fightful Select. While they haven’t started talks on a new contract, WWE is expected to make re-signing Rollins a priority.
- On his latest PW Insider Elite show Mike Johnson shared an update about how CM Punk is viewed backstage at WWE a couple weeks after his return: everything remains positive as Punk’s been relaxed and happy, with even people who dislike him saying he’s been pleasant.
- Johnson also said that sales of Punk merchandise the night of his Survivor Series return exceeded expectations, reaching well into the six figures.
- PW Insider’s latest update on Charlotte Flair’s injury is that she’s returned home to Florida. It’s not clear how long Flair will be out, but she’ll remain sidelined until she’s “completely evaluated medically” and her diagnosis can be confirmed. WWE is “working on setting that up right now.”
- While covering WWE’s holiday plan for Raw, the Wrestling Observer Newsletter also reported they’ll tape the Dec. 22 SmackDown along with this Friday’s show.
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer said that WWE is “really high on” NXT’s Lash Legend because “she’s got size” and is a “legit, top-level athlete.”
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.