Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- PW Insider notes that CM Punk appearing at NXT’s Deadline event was pitched at SmackDown and he was “immediately up for it.” He was also “friendly to all the NXT talents backstage.”
- They also say that while there is no update just yet on Charlotte Flair’s status after she was hurt on SmackDown, she was pulled from live events this weekend and there’s great concern that it’s a serious injury.
- The Dec. 25 episode of Monday Night Raw is expected to be a “Best Of” show, with the Wrestling Observer noting an executive at WWE told them that is accurate to their knowledge even though it hasn’t yet been announced by the company.
- “There has at least been talk of Tyler Bate going to the main roster,” says the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
- According to Fightful, Deonna Purrazzo will become a free agent on Jan. 1, 2024, and she wants to explore her options.
- QT Marshall tried to quit AEW in August, per SEScoops. He agreed to stay on until the end of the year on the understanding “he’d get more ring time on television, but that never materialized.”
- Konnan on his K100 podcast while talking about Marshall’s exit (via Wrestling Inc): “Tony [Khan is] the type of guy who changes his mind last minute. ... He only listens to top guys, which some of them don’t have the best interests of the company at heart.”
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.