Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- BWE claims CM Punk was “recently scheduled for a call with few board members” and there’s a feeling backstage that he will return to WWE.
- They also say there were discussions for John Cena to be featured at Survivor Series: War Games but there’s currently no word on if that is happening.
- There will, however, be “a couple of surprises” in store for Survivor Series.
- According to PW Insider, Liv Morgan is still dealing with her shoulder injury and there’s a belief she’ll be heading to Birmingham “this month for her latest evaluation.”
- Meanwhile, the Wrestling Observer Newsletter says she is “expected to return soon.”
- Fightful says WWE is working on bringing Sarray back.
- Per the Wrestling Observer, the Ric Flair AEW deal was “kept secret from almost everyone backstage.” Sting, however, did know and just did a good job pretending he didn’t.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.