Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The Wrestling Observer Newsletter notes there is “no evidence” that CM Punk is returning to WWE tonight at Survivor Series in Chicago, and reiterates “those close to the situation have denied it.”
- According to Fightful Select, “top talent” in WWE were “outright told” that CM Punk won’t be at Survivor Series. This includes talent who are at a level where “it wouldn’t make sense to lie to them and wouldn’t be beneficial to a great locker room.”
- As far as the recent references to Punk on WWE television are concerned, someone “higher up” at WWE told Fightful that talent did not get these lines cleared before using them on TV. What’s more, Triple H “told some in the company that fans were finding things that weren’t there.”
- The Observer was told that Roman Reigns vs. LA Knight is not planned for Royal Rumble 2024. There are people who “feel it should be Knight in that spot,” but Triple H has a different idea in mind.
- Per WON, Ronda Rousey “is not looking at wrestling regularly right now.” Her ROH debut was “basically a favor to alleviate a complex political issue and help her friend Marina Shafir.”
- F4WOnline’s Dave Meltzer says the Young Bucks will be “repackaged as heels” with “major impact” after taking some time off. Colt Cabana “has been mentioned” as being part of their heel group, but “that doesn’t appear to be a certainty.”
- Meltzer also claims the Young Bucks’ YouTube series Being The Elite “is not on hiatus, it’s actually done. As of this point in time, there are no plans to bring it back.”
- The Ryback said he once had a bizarre interaction with Brock Lesnar in WWE catering that was like “two gorillas encountering each other.” Brock sat “really close” to Ryback in awkward silence while they ate their food. Brock noticed the huge amount of meat on Ryback’s plate and recommended that he eat more vegetables. After that, there was “this weird thing going on between us” that involved chewing tobacco; Ryback “loved every second” of it.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.