Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- While Endeavor’s endorsement of Triple H as the leader of WWE creative does mean “less interference from Vince McMahon”, SI’s Justin Barrasso writes that it doesn’t mean “McMahon is entirely removed from the process.”
- PW Insider’s pointed out that Bad Bunny’s 2024 tour doesn’t include concerts on April 7-8, meaning he could conceivably show up for night two WrestleMania 40 or the Raw after WrestleMania in Philadelphia. The tour’s next stop if Tues., April 9 in Washington D.C., just a short trip from Philly.
- AEW officials were “very happy” with how Full Gear’s Texas Death Match was “received and executed”, per Fightful Select. The controversial spot where Hangman Page drank Swerve Strickland’s blood and spit it back out was pitched by the wrestlers and approved by the match’s producer.
- Asking around about how Jade Cargill is progressing at the WWE Performance Center and when she might debut in the ring for the company, WrestlePurists’ sources “mostly stayed tight lipped.” The site did learn that Cargill has been training with Roxanne Perez.
- Madi Wrenkowski was at the WWE Performance Center last week and is believed to have signed with the company, according to PW Insider.
- Private Party’s Marq Quen was backstage at a recent AEW show and the company’s hopeful he could be back soon, Fightful reports. Quen has been out for the past year with a shoulder injury.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.