Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- For whatever it’s worth, Fightful Select notes that WWE’s stance on CM Punk has not changed ahead of Survivor Series in Chicago.
- On a somewhat related noted, Fightful says the talent they’ve talked to are unaware of who Shinsuke Nakamura has been calling out in recent promos. There has been a great deal of speculation online that it’s about Punk.
- According to PW Insider, Axiom working on SmackDown last week was a “literal last minute decision” and, at least as of right now, he’s still listed internally as a member of the NXT roster.
- They also say Braun Strowman will be traveling to India for WWE next month to make promotional appearances.
- AEW plans to hold All In in Wembley Stadium annually on the last Sunday of August, which is the day before the annual Summer Bank Holiday in the United Kingdom, according to the Wrestling Observer.
- More from Insider: Kamille’s deal with NWA is set to expire at the end of 2023.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.