Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WWE believes MJF “quietly re-signed” with AEW and will be with Tony Khan’s company until 2027. That according to Haus of Wrestling’s WWE sources, one of whom told them it’s why there have been “zero talks” between the company and MJF.
- Regarding MJF continuing to play up “the bidding war of 2024” in interviews, one WWE source told Haus of Wrestling that’s “a completely in his head storyline”.
- Raw will be getting a new theme song soon, per Fightful Select. It looks to be from WWE’s current music team at def rebel and be titled “Born To Be”.
- Also from Fightful: Juice Robinson was written off television last week on Collision as he’s dealing with a legitimate back injury which may require surgery. Robinson’s absence is not expected to be an “extremely drawn-out”, but he’ll be sidelined for at least the rest of this year.
- WWE’s talks with Stardom’s Giulia are far enough along that Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports they’ve made her an offer. Giulia is verbally committed to working with Stardom next year, and if the offer is an NXT deal New Japan & Stardom could match it. If it’s a main roster contract, it will be more than she can make in Japan “by a wide margin.”
- A WWE source told Fightful that Giulia is a “priority acquisition” for the company.
- The NWA will be announcing a PPV in Florida for Jan. 13, 2024, says PW Insider.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.