Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Brock Lesnar won’t be back in WWE until Royal Rumble next year, says the Wrestling Observer.
- According to PW Insider, “the expectation” at SmackDown this past week was that Becky Lynch would be the final member of the Bianca Belair team at Survivor Series for War Games.
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer mentioned John Cena needing surgery on both elbows after his latest run in WWE, and he speculates that could mean Cena will do a WrestleMania match in the future but not much more than that.
- Meltzer also said the booking for LA Knight on SmackDown this past week was designed to “make him strong again.”
- On his Fightful Select Backstage Report podcast, Sean Ross Sapp said he doesn’t hear about a lot of “passive aggressive stuff” between WWE wrestlers: “Everything I hear about in WWE is it’s a pretty good locker room, especially over the last year-and-a-half.”
- WWE’s web site is advertising Sheamus on the Nov. 25, Dec. 8, and Dec. 15 episodes of SmackDown, which is an indication that he’ll be back from injury very soon.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.