Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- For what it’s worth, BWE has teased that WWE is making subtle hints at CM Punk during promos/interviews on WWE television, like during the Seth Rollins interview this past Monday night.
- BWE also claims “a few names discussed” regarding potential men’s Royal Rumble winners early next year while there are “two solid winners” on the women’s side.
- Per PW Insider, Jade Cargill is expected to be on the Monday Night Raw roster when she debuts for WWE, which could happen by the end of the month.
- They also say she will be at the Fastlane event in Indianapolis this coming weekend, though it’s unclear if that means she’ll be making an appearance on the show.
- Fightful Select notes that Sami Callihan’s Impact Wrestling contract was supposed to be up in December 2022 but the company extended it due to a leg injury.
- Johnny Gargano’s return on Raw this week to reunite with Tommaso Ciampa was a “late WWE Creative decision,” says PW Insider. They note “plans were locked towards the end of the weekend.”
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.