Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- It’s not clear just yet what the direction for Survivor Series will be but Dave Meltzer did say on Wrestling Observer Radio that a Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins champion vs. champion match is not happening.
- Meltzer also says Drew McIntyre still hasn’t signed a new contract with WWE.
- Speaking of as much, Fightful Select notes that “several top stars,” among other talent, have not been approached about new contracts that are coming up in 2024. There is apparently a new way of doing things now that Endeavor owns WWE.
- Jade Cargill is expected to be working out at the Performance Center in Orlando for the rest of the week, per PW Insider.
- Will Ospreay has hired Barry Bloom to represent him as he gets ready for his New Japan contract to end next February, according to Insider. Fightful says Ospreay hired Bloom “months ago”.
- Regarding the possibility of Ospreay signing with WWE, Dave Meltzer said on Wrestling Observer Radio that “I know WWE is absolutely after him, and he is absolutely going to listen to WWE.”
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.