Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WWE feels there is enough star power at Crown Jewel to avoid using Brock Lesnar, which is why he isn’t on a Saudi show for the first time ever, says PW Insider.
- According to Haus of Wrestling, CM Punk did indeed visit backstage at Impact Wrestling before a taping in Chicago the day after Bound For Glory. He talked to “key talent” there “throughout the taping.”
- They also say Ace Steel, who has been working as a Producer there, has been “warmly received backstage and seemed very happy to be back to work.”
- Fightful Select notes that WWE is of the belief, at least, that they have John Cena available until the actor’s strike ends.
- BodySlam.net claims there is no timetable for Cora Jade’s return to NXT right now.
- Serpentico was seen in a sling recently, says Insider, so he’s dealing with an injury right now.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.