Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- While discussing Vince McMahon’s return to WWE on Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer joined the chorus of those who believe McMahon’s ultimate goal is to regain creative control after the company is sold, likely by making it a condition of the sale. “I think everyone kind of expects that,” he added.
- Meanwhile, multiple outlets report Vince didn’t show up at either of the television tapings since his comeback, nor has he been to WWE headquarters in Connecticut.
- As of late November, Fightful Select says an Edge vs. Finn Balor Hell in a Cell match was “pencilled in” for Royal Rumble, as was a mixed tag between Edge & Beth Phoenix and Balor & Rhea Ripley for February’s Elimination Chamber. The site reminds us of the limited dates remaining on Edge’s deal though, and that nothing’s “official until WWE officially announces it themselves.”
- Last night’s Raw made this clear, but PW Insider reported that Seth Rollins’ “knee spots” from the Jan. 2 main event “were all part of the storyline of the match with Austin Theory.” Rollins didn’t miss last weekend’s house shows; he was never scheduled to appear on them.
- That site also brings word that “Xavier Woods is banged up and not yet 100% cleared,” which is why New Day hasn’t been wrestling lately. It’s believe Woods will be good to go by Royal Rumble, if not sooner.
- Chelsea Green has been signed to WWE “for quite some time and is still awaiting creative,” per Fightful Select.
- Tessa Blanchard & Daga announced their separation. The couple was married in 2020 after they left Impact.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.