Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WrestleVotes notes WWE is in a “complex” situation with the world titles Roman Reigns currently has because they want to go into WrestleMania next year with two different champions but don’t want him to lose a match. The creative is “open” for anything right now.
- BeltFanDan claims new WWE tag team championship belts are coming and will have the “existing design, dual plated, black strap, and have a stacked, large WWE logo in the center.” Further, he claims the women’s belts will be getting “colored backing soon.”
- PW Insider says that WWE has just now moved Kevin Owens to the babyface side of their internal roster.
- Insider also says that everyone AEW suspended related to the backstage brawl after the All Out media scrum will remain suspended at least until the conclusion of the third-party investigation.
- Dave Meltzer said on Twitter that Brody King & Buddy Matthews are a tag team moving forward, no matter the status of Malakai Black. AEW has also applied to trademark “House of Black,” so the group will be continuing no matter his status with the company.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.