Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- In the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, it’s noted all parties involved in the backstage brawl after AEW’s All Out event were told not to talk about what happened. There is a belief, however, that “some want to talk and tell their side of the story when they can.”
- Ringside News claims Roman Reigns and Paul Heyman have been adamant about refusing to allow WWE to turn the Tribal Chief character babyface at any point.
- Speaking of Reigns, Dave Meltzer said in the WON that he was told Reigns’ next major match will be on the Saudi show and it won’t be against Seth Rollins or Kevin Owens.
- PW Insider notes Rey & Dominik Mysterio were both in Asheville, North Carolina this past weekend, leading to speculation they may have shot an angle, or filmed something, at Edge’s house because that’s where he lives.
- On his “Wrestling with Freddie” podcast, Freddie Prinze Jr. said he was outright told WWE forgot to the cut the feed at Clash at the Castle and we weren’t supposed to see Tyson Fury singing in the ring with Drew McIntyre.
- Toxic Attraction appeared on SmackDown this week but they have not been called up to the main roster, claims Ringside News.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.