Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- PW Insider recently noted that another way wrestlers in WWE will have freedom since Triple H took over is with interviews with media. They’ll apparently be able to “be themselves and speak more.”
- Bryan Alvarez claimed on Wrestling Observer Live that one of the reasons WWE wants a TV-14 rating is so they don’t have to edit out fans chanting certain things.
- Insider’s sources tell them “the door is open” to bring back some of the recently released NXT UK talents when NXT Europe relaunches next year.
- According to Fightful, Angelo Parker and Matt Menard have signed contract extensions with AEW.
- Tenille Dashwood seemed to confirm she’s a free agent after folks noticed she had been removed from the Impact Wrestling roster page. Insider says her contract expired.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.