Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Bryan Alvarez mentioned on Twitter that Ronda Rousey vs. Liv Morgan had “a lot of time cut” from their match at SummerSlam due to The Miz and Logan Paul going long earlier in the night.
- PW Insider says Vince McMahon’s name has been removed from everywhere backstage at WWE shows.
- Becky Lynch turning babyface at SummerSlam was a Triple H call, as PW Torch says Vince McMahon had no plans to turn her before he resigned.
- According to Fightful Select, there was a pitch for the new Bayley, IYO SKY, Dakota Kai stable “quite a while ago” but Vince McMahon rejected it.
- Fightful also notes that they couldn’t confirm IYO SKY signed a new contract with WWE but got word that it “appears so.”
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.