Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Wrestling Observer Newsletter indicated that John Cena’s next match in WWE, which at one point was rumored to be against Theory later this month at SummerSlam, might be delayed until next year at WrestleMania 39.
- According to Fightful, there are serious talks in WWE to call up Solo Sikoa (the Usos’ brother) from NXT to the main roster.
- The original plan was for the Young Bucks to win the IWGP Heavyweight Tag titles at Forbidden Door, according to WON. That would have set up a future match with the AEW Tag champs, but The Bucks were on board with changing it to FTR winning, and an eventual match between the two teams with all four belts (AAA, AEW, ROH & IWGP) on the line.
- With his injury on Wednesday’s Dynamite in the news, attention’s been called to Santana possibly being unhappy in AEW. This tweet is being interpreted as a countdown until his contract expires.
- There’s also speculation, amplified by a discussion on Fightful’s YouTube review of Blood & Guts, that there’s been a falling out of some sort between Santana & Ortiz. It’s been pointed out they haven’t worked as a two-man tag team in months, and no longer stand next to one another in group promos. Santana has been taking indie bookings without Ortiz.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.