Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Promoters who’ve contacted Sasha Banks have been told she’s only taking non-wrestling bookings until Jan. 1, 2023, according to Fightful Select.
- SI confirmed Fightul’s earlier report that that Vince McMahon shouted “FUCK EM!” when he got backstage after his June 17 appearance on SmackDown in the wake of stepping back as CEO & Chairman while his Board investigates him for alleged sexual misconduct, “and was told McMahon repeatedly shouted ‘FUCK EM’ — then finished by stating, ‘Let’s put on a show.’
- While the focus remains on recruiting athletes with the right look and training them to be WWE wrestlers, Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports some indie wrestlers will be invited to the company’s just announced SummerSlam tryouts.
- On his Keepin’ It 100 podcast, Konnan confirmed that Santana & Ortiz are “not on good terms.”
- WOW made “an overture” to Lita about joining the company, per Fightful, but the WWE Hall of Famer made it clear she wouldn’t work for GLOW and WOW founder David McLane.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.