Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Wrestling Observer Radio’s Dave Meltzer indicated that Triple H “is back with more power” in WWE.
- While discussing Rhea Ripley’s brain injury, Meltzer noted that she’s expected to return “fairly soon.” He also mentioned that WWE tells talent to not talk about concussions or COVID.
- Per Meltzer, Andrade and Rey Fenix aren’t allowed to wrestle at Forbidden Door because “CMLL is the exclusive provider of Mexican wrestlers to New Japan Pro Wrestling.” That’s why Tony Khan booked them to wrestle each other on this week’s Rampage and have their pay-per-view match there.
- Fightful claims that Ricky Steamboat was open to wrestling at Ric Flair’s Last Match, but his asking price was “extremely high” and a deal could not be reached.
- According to PW Insider, Skye Blue is the latest AEW wrestler who is out of action due to injury.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.