Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Paul “Triple H” Levesque was in Orlando yesterday and spoke at the WWE Performance Center, Post Wrestling’s John Pollock reports. Pollock tweeted: “Of the people I heard from, Levesque stated ‘he’s back’ - it is unknown what that entails but that was the wording I was given.”
- Bryan Alvarez confirmed the Triple H visit on Wrestling Observer Live, adding WWE’s executive vice president of global talent strategy and development said he “was there for business reasons and he couldn’t say why yet.”
- Charlotte Flair is being advertised by the venue for the Aug. 12 SmackDown, leading to speculation Flair’s return could come after SummerSlam.
- Dewey Foley is no longer working for WWE, per PW Insider. Mick’s son, who’s been a member of the creative team since 2016 and was at one point a lead writer for 205 Live, is said to have resigned in April.
- Solo Sikoa told BT Sport that WWE considered putting him with his brothers The Usos on SmackDown, but he wanted to establish his own identity so they put him on NXT instead.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.