Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Wrestling Observer Radio’s Dave Meltzer has spoken to many people “in big business” who believe that Vince McMahon won’t survive as CEO of WWE due to the scandalous allegations made against him and John Laurinaitis in the Wall Street Journal’s reporting this week.
- Meltzer says WWE talent “didn’t know anything at all” about the allegations. “This all hit them at the same time it hit us...they’re all asking the same questions that we’re all asking.” Meltzer speculated the most likely case is that someone on the WWE Board of Directors leaked the story to the WSJ.
- An anonymous female WWE talent sent Fightful Select a message about Laurinaitis: “I’d rather get all my shit sent to me in a trash bag when I get fired than have to deal with him, and neither are good options.”
- Meltzer described Vince’s relationship with Linda McMahon in the following manner: “Technically they’re married. They haven’t been together in a long long time though.”
- Most legal analyses of Vince McMahon’s upcoming trial versus former XFL Commissioner Oliver Luck don’t expect it will go well for McMahon, per Meltzer.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.