Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Despite his promo Saturday night and the fact WWE expects Roman Reigns to start landing movie roles and need time off as a result, Fightful Select’s sources there say they don’t expect him to leave “any time soon.” He’s heavily featured in creative plans for the foreseeable future.
- WWE has set-up something between Reigns and Shinsuke Nakamura, but Ringside News’ sources tell them the match isn’t seen as being stadium show-worthy. It’s just “there for us to use with Roman when we need it.”
- In an item about Bray Wyatt’s high asking price, Wrestling Observer Newsletter notes Wyatt “was believed to be the third or fourth highest paid performer on the [WWE] roster with a contract in the $4 million per year range at the time he was cut and was a major merchandise draw.”
- Regarding AEW talent on Stardom shows, the WON reports Britt Baker & Thunder Rosa aren’t at the top of the Japanese promotion’s wishlist: “The ones Stardom has the most interest in for big shows are Toni Storm, Jamie Hayter, Hikaru Shida & Tay Conti.”
- Mia Yim’s weekend appearance for Impact wasn’t a one shot deal. Fightful Select says she’s signed with the company.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.