Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Former WWE writer Kazeem Famuyide said on The Masked Man Show that he heard Sasha Banks is also negotiating a new deal with WWE, as her & Naomi’s contracts expire “within the next two months”.
- Even though Triple H is back on the job full-time in WWE, Fightful was told that his current duties are “categorically different” than they were prior to his heart operation.
- According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, WWE is trying to save a singles rematch between Bianca Belair and Becky Lynch for a major pay-per-view (PPV) event. Hell in a Cell is not a major PPV, so that’s why Lynch did not win the number one contender spot earlier this week on Raw.
- In addition to concerns about his lack of improvement, the Observer Newsletter reports WWE released Parker “Harland” Boudreaux because “the company found something out” about him.
- Ric Flair & Wendy Barlow are back together, per the WON.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.