Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- PW Torch says that behind-the-scenes there wasn’t a lot of instant sympathy for Sasha Banks & Naomi over the decision they made with the belief apparently being “where did that come from and how did they get themselves so worked up over this?”
- For that matter, the Wrestling Observer indicated there’s a lot of heat on them backstage now.
- WrestleVotes says there were ideas pitched to do a collapsing ring angle for the Omos vs. Bobby Lashley match on Raw this week but that was squashed in the days leading up to the match.
- Ringside News claims Harland was planned to be the fourth member of The Judgment Day before he was fired by WWE.
- They also claim the language in the Cody Rhodes Money in the Bank promo has been a “major source of confusion” for WWE writers and producers.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.