Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Despite the line from Cody Rhodes’ promo for Money in the Bank, Wrestling Observer Newsletter says Vince McMahon has a plan for what the top matches at WrestleMania 39 will be, and those don’t include the briefcase winners.
- The Observer says Drew McIntyre won’t be Roman Reigns’ opponent for his next title defense at Money in the Bank, as WWE is saving that match for Clash at the Castle.
- Regarding a pair of recent NXT departures, Dave Meltzer writes in the WON that people in WWE believe Malcolm Bivens will sign with AEW when his non-compete expires, and that “there are people in power at AEW” who want Tony Khan to sign Candice LeRae.
- With Forbidden Door in Chicago and Tony Khan saying in recent interviews he’s open to having All Out somewhere else, Cultaholic is speculating AEW’s Labor Day weekend event could be held in Toronto.
- Sports Gamers Online’s latest update on AEW’s console game says “movesets in general will be limited ‘akin to an early 2000s wrestling game’ while customization options for wrestlers will leave people wishing they had more.” The developers are staying positive and focusing on gameplay: “If the game is fun, no one will care about the other stuff.”
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.