Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to Fightful Select, there has been discussion within WWE of bringing back FTR when their deals with AEW come up. That said, AEW told them those deals don’t come up for quite some time.
- Photos have emerged showing Io Shirai wearing a walking boot and using crutches, leading to speculation she was injured during her match at NXT Stand & Deliver.
- Per Wrestling Observer Radio, Kushida leaving wasn’t a secret within WWE and the beatdown from Von Wagner represented his write off.
- What’s more, Dave Meltzer says “the main roster people were never interested in him being brought up.”
- The Observer says Kota Ibushi is about 70-80-percent read to return to wrestling and the hope is that he’ll be back in time for the G1 Climax in July.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.