Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Per Fightful, there is a creative pitch in WWE for Edge to lead a new heel stable. Damian Priest is one wrestler who has been talked about as a member of the faction.
- According to Wrestling Observer Live’s Bryan Alvarez, Vince McMahon sees Austin Theory as “a John Cena” type of future star.
- F4WOnline’s Dave Meltzer mentioned that WWE originally wasn’t planning to do a title versus title match between Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns at WrestleMania 38, and Lesnar is the one who really pushed for that concept.
- This week’s Wrestling Observer Newsletter states that NJPW’s Great-O-Khan “saw a drunken man trying to abduct a young girl, stopped the attack, neutralized the guy and held him until police arrived and took him away.”
- PW Insider says the opening video for WrestleMania 38 will feature actor Mark Wahlberg. They also note that WWE is filming “a ton of interviews” this weekend for upcoming A&E documentaries. Bret Hart and The Godwinns were specifically named among the interviewees.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.