Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Rey Mysterio missed Raw this week due to a “medical issue”, per Wrestling Observer Radio’s Dave Meltzer. He could be back “in a week or two.”
- As WWE continues building up a title unification match with The Usos, Wrestling Observer notes RK-Bro are advertised for the next two episodes of SmackDown.
- AEW currently lists September 2022 as the tentative date for release of its video game, says Fightful Select.
- WWE’s upcoming UK PPV had more than 59,000 people pre-register for tickets in the first 24 hours, reports Alex McCarthy. That’s a new company record, surpassing any WrestleMania.
- Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows’ Impact contract expires in July, according to PW Insider. The duo recently teased testing the free agent waters in an interview with WhatCulture.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.