Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Undertaker is getting a show on WWE Network and Peacock, per WrestleVotes. It’s described as being similar to Broken Skull Sessions, and “should begin airing within the next few months.”
- Brandi Rhodes had several “productive conversations” with “influential WWE names” while backstage for Cody’s debut at WrestleMania, says Fightful Select. She’s focused on her unscripted content, but has been continuing her in-ring training.
- Gunther was told to lose weight before his call-up because “Vince wants slim people on TV,” per Wrestling Observer Radio. Dave Meltzer also said Keith Lee was given the same directive but “didn’t listen, and now [is] somewhere else.”
- In social media posts and comments about Tony Khan’s “army of bots” tweet, Adam Scherr claimed Khan “pays the dirt sheets” and banned AEW talent from working Control Your Narrative shows.
- Fightful says there’s been a “feeling out” process between Ember Moon and All Elite Wrestling, but their AEW sources say there doesn’t seem to be a sense of urgency to sign her.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.