Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- On 4FW’s The Board, Dave Meltzer said Cody Rhodes has multiple offers, and WWE wants an answer on their’s soon “for obvious reasons.”
- Cody is “well aware” of all the rumors about his status, per Fightful Select. Sources close to Rhodes are indicating he won’t sign anywhere for quite some time and downplaying reports about his next move.
- Andrew Zarian tweeted that he’s heard Sid will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame this year.
- WWE plans to keep the Hall of Fame ceremony to 90 minutes this year. Meltzer said on Wrestling Observer Radio he’s heard that might mean some in the class will only be inducted “digitally,” which could mean a short video speech or just a video package.
- AEW changed the finish of the Britt Baker/Thunder Rosa match at Revolution several times leading up to the PPV, per Fightful.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.