Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- While WWE wants Stone Cold Steve Austin to work a match with Kevin Owens at WrestleMania 38, Dave Meltzer said on Wrestling Observer Radio that Austin hasn’t agreed to it yet. At this point, “it’s on the books as a confrontation.”
- Meltzer is also now hearing that Cody Rhodes to WWE may not happen: “They had creative laid out for him... Now, it’s very uncertain. They don’t know what’s going on with Cody Rhodes. They’re not sure.”
- For however long it lasts, Wrestling Observer Newsletter says WWE will refer to the winner of Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns as the “Unified WWE Champion”.
- Asked on his podcast about Triple H’s status within WWE, Ric Flair said, “I have no idea. He and I were incredibly close, and now I never hear from him, so I don’t know.”
- Though he stayed on to work Sacrifice, Jake Something’s contract with Impact ended on Feb. 28 and he’s done with the company for now, per Fightful Select.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.