Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Contrary to the report his talks with the company “fizzled out”, Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports WWE creative is currently working on plans for Cody Rhodes’ return.
- Along the same lines, a Ringside News source says Rhodes is scheduled to be a part of WrestleMania: “If it’s changed, no one has told us yet or corrected the internal documents.”
- The Observer chimed in on Asuka and Bayley’s statuses. This week’s Newsletter notes Asuka is cleared after shoulder surgery, while Bayley isn’t cleared yet “but should be shortly.”
- The WrestleMania Women’s Battle Royal is returning to this year’s card, per WON. However, the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal isn’t planned for WrestleMania 38. It will instead take place on either the Mar. 28 episode of Raw or the Apr. 1 episode of SmackDown.
- Chris Jericho filed a trademark for the term “Sports Entertainer”.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.