Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- A “a tenured member of the creative team” told Ringside News that while Vince McMahon wants Steve Austin back in WWE more often, Stone Cold’s segment at WrestleMania 38 is a “One time deal. As of now.”
- WWE plans to return to Saudi Arabia in late September, and Andrew Zarian’s source says that show will likely be TLC 2022.
- According to Fightful Select, AEW’s head of talent relations Christopher Daniels told Marko Stunt his contract wouldn’t be renewed due to the company’s growing roster and “budget cuts”. Stunt was also told plans changed for Jurassic Express, the group he’d been a part when AEW launched.
- The issues between Tony Khan & MJF over MJF’s interview with Ariel Helwani have been settled, per Wrestling Observer.
- On Fightful’s Backstage Report podcast, Sean Ross Sapp said MJF’s frustrated because several people who AEW signed after him are now earning “way more” money than he does.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.