Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Vince McMahon’s appearance on The Pat McAfee Show today “is supposed to be a real interview, as opposed to a kayfabe filled one,” per Fightful Select.
- Alexa Bliss’ next storyline likely won’t start until after WrestleMania 38, according to PW Insider. The site also says Bayley will return to television after WrestleMania, and reiterated its previous report on Asuka.
- On Wrestling Observer Live, Bryan Alvarez said people in WWE were under the impression Tony Khan’s big announcement (which turned out to be the purchase of Ring of Honor) would be a streaming deal with HBO Max.
- WWE recently laid off one of Triple H’s top assistants, and Insider’s sources say it’s being taken as a sign he’s not “anywhere close” to being ready to return to his post as Executive Vice President of Global Talent Strategy & Development, and may never return to working full-time.
- Bully Ray says he’ll be Steve Austin’s guest on an upcoming Broken Skull Sessions.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.