Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The Rock wants to do WrestleMania 39, per Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio. WWE’s working idea is to have him face Roman Reigns in Los Angeles next year, but are “well aware” his schedule could change.
- Verified reddit Insider kerrmit125 doubled-down on saying Steve Austin and Kevin Owens will close WrestleMania Saturday.
- Tony Khan and MJF had a “heated discussion” over the weekend after MJF’s interview with Ariel Helwani, according to Fightful Select. The sites sources think Khan’s issue wasn’t with the content of the interview, but the fact AEW’s PR team didn’t know about it. The discussion left both men frustrated.
- Fightful also said MJF’s been frustrated over his contract status of late.
- During a Twitter spat over the end of their podcast, Mark Madden claimed Ric Flair was planning to go to AEW when the Plane Ride From Hell episode of Dark Side of the Ring aired. Now Tony Khan doesn’t talk to Flair, and disinvited him from his birthday party.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.