Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Your daily Cody Rhodes/WWE update: Wrestling Observer says Rhodes vs. Seth Rollins was still listed internally for WrestleMania as of last Friday. Dave Meltzer sense was that what played out on Raw last night means Cody is “probably still in but not a lock.”
- “There doesn’t appear to be any heat on” Ridge Holland for Big E’s broken neck, says PWTorch’s Wade Keller. Holland “handled himself well” after the incident, and Keller’s sources told him it was being treated as “accidents happen.”
- On the Sunday Night’s Main Event podcast, Meltzer says WWE wants to put the Steiner Brothers into the Hall of Fame as a team this year, but it depends on whether Scott will agree. If not, they’ll induct Rick as a singles act.
- WWE filmed some vignettes for Elias’ return to Raw, according to Fightful Select, but their source also told the site that “doesn’t really mean anything until firm plans are set.” A name change was also pitched, but it’s not known what that was.
- Former ROH Women’s champ Rok-C has now officially signed with WWE, per PW Insider.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.