Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Many people in WWE reacted with “disappointment and dismay” at the news that Cesaro is gone from the company, per Fightful. He’s among the most well-regarded people on the roster.
- One reason why WWE didn’t push him recently is because there was “no indication he was going to re-sign.” WWE offered him a new contract, but it was rejected. Some sources said Cesaro wasn’t happy with his booking. The door is still open for him to re-sign with WWE.
- F4WOnline’s Dave Meltzer said Rey Fenix needs three more weeks before he’s ready to return from his gruesome injury. That timetable means he will likely miss the AEW Revolution pay-per-view on March 6.
- According to Fightful, Brian Cage told people close to him that AEW picked up the option year on his contract. Cage was expecting his contract to expire, so AEW’s decision surprised him.
- During an interview with PW Insider, Impact World Champion Moose indicated he is currently working through a torn labrum and will eventually need time off to properly heal.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.