Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- PW Insider reports that James Curtin (fka Drake Maverick, fka Rockstar Spud) has been working as a member of the Raw creative team for the last 3-4 weeks. Curtin was released from WWE talent contract last November, and had his post-firing video praised by John Cena.
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer said the “massive” news Tony Khan teased last week probably isn’t a free agent signing, “but more like a business deal.”
- WWE officials were “blown away” by the reaction Lita received at Elimination Chamber, per Insider.
- While Cody Rhodes did have his supporters in the AEW locker room, Wrestling Observer Newsletter says “a lot of the talent quietly were celebrating” Rhodes’ exit: “the ‘hero treatment’ given to him by some in the company after he left is a great public story but not the real story.”
- Kenny Omega told WOR he still needs surgery for his umbilical hernia, and he won’t be able to return until 6-8 weeks after that happens.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.