Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The match with Roman Reigns at Elimination Chamber is the final one on Goldberg’s current WWE contract, confirms Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Wrestling Inc notes he is not booked for any dates past the Feb. 19 show in Saudi Arabia.
- Big E was moved back to SmackDown on Vince McMahon’s order, says Fightful Select. McMahon “missed the magic” the New Day “created together.” In addition, Vince doesn’t want E & Kofi to be referred to as “New Day.” He wants them to be called “Big E & Kofi Kingston.”
- Xavier Woods has been removed from WWE’s inactive list, per Fightful. Presumably that means he’s cleared to return from injury.
- Despite some rumors to the contrary, the WON reports TJ “Tyson Kidd” Wilson is still with WWE. He’s taken some time off and missed Royal Rumble “to help heal up his neck,” but remains “on good terms with WWE.”
- Per PW Insider, WWE told their employees that multiple commercials for WrestleMania will air during the Super Bowl on Sunday. This will be WWE’s first Super Bowl ad since 1999.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.