Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Wrestler Observer Newsletter pointed out that WWE has no plans to tape either of their Dec. 26 shows (one is in Columbus, Ohio, the other in Madison Square Garden). The company is deciding between pre-taping for that Monday by doing a marathon show in Des Moines, Iowa on Dec. 19 or “or doing a Best of 2022 show.”
- Speculation about a possible WrestleMania 39 feud between Roman Reigns & The Rock was fueled by a scene set in the future on the Dec. 2 episode of Young Rock where fans spotted the Universal title in Dwayne Johnson’s trophy case.
- Asked on Twitter if the situation between AEW & CM Punk is storyline building to his return, Dave Meltzer replied: “It’s definitely not an angle today. Many hope it will become one, but the odds are strong that won’t happen.”
- Dean “Mojo Rawley” Muhtadi told WrestleNews.co that after WrestleMania 36, WWE had plans for he & Rob Gronkowski to tag in a match at that year’s SummerSlam 2020. At some point after that Mojo would have turned on Gronk, eventually leading to a No DQ match on a show in Saudi. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your point of view) those plans were dashed when Tampa Bay offered Gronk $10 million to come out of retirement.
- Aliyah is cleared to return from her September injury but WWE doesn’t have creative plans for her right now, per the WON.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.