Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- In their report confirming Ace Steel’s release, Fightful Select’s AEW sources said Steel’s exit was a “no brainer decision” and expected it would have happened quickly after All Out if not for the possibility of legal action.
- That report also says the others involved in the post-PPV brawl are “more in contact” with AEW than they’ve been for a while, but it’s not clear what that entails.
- Some are taking that, Steel’s release, and this week’s Dynamite showing Punk (in the video package on ROH champs) & mentioning The Elite (Tony Schiavone acknowledging Kenny Omega & The Young Bucks as inaugural Trios champions) for the first time since All Out as signs the investigation could be winding down. There’s even some optimism they could be back soon — although Fightful stressed their sources were “vague” on returns, and possibly missing context from any recent conversations with Punk & The Elite.
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer said MJF doesn’t want to turn babyface.
- After his appearance on the brand this week, PW Insider reports that Shinsuke Nakamura will make additional appearance on NXT in the weeks ahead.
- WWE’s filed for some interesting trademarks recently: “Lyra Valkyria” for a wrestler, and “NXT Deadline” for a show.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.