Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- For what it’s worth, Ronda Rousey claimed in a recent “Ronda on the Road” video that she gets to pick her opponents in WWE.
- Cody Rhodes is a little ahead of schedule in his rehab from a torn pec, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. There’s still no firm date for a return.
- Fightful Select says the Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson returned to WWE on a “big money deal.”
- PW Insider says Omos and MVP will be appearing regularly on SmackDown going forward.
- Per Fightful, Angelo Dawkins is receiving high marks within WWE for his development recently, and higher ups have been speaking highly of him recently.
- In the WON, Dave Meltzer writes that the idea behind replacing Elektra Lopez with Zelina Vega was WWE wants to get the women in the ring together against each other and they didn’t want to go to Lopez vs. B-Fab on the main roster.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.