Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Bray Wyatt’s return at Extreme Rules was “well-received” by WWE officials, per Fightful Select. Their report also notes that some of the references used in the White Rabbit teases had to be approved, but otherwise regular members of the WWE creative team weren’t involved in them.
- Wrestling Observer Live’s Bryan Alvarez said there are two reasons why some wrestlers want to leave AEW and return to WWE. First, they have more faith in Triple H leading the way than Vince McMahon. Second, they don’t work enough in AEW and prefer WWE’s busier schedule.
- Dave Meltzer wrote in Sports Illustrated that WWE contacted Renee Paquette to return to the company for its recent shakeup to the commentary teams, but she rejected their offer.
- Insider confirmed the “Valhalla Awaits” tease that aired on SmackDown last Friday was for the returning Sarah Logan. Fightful says it’s part of a plan to slowly re-introduce her alongside her husband Erik & his Viking Raiders partner Ivar.
- Mia Yim is officially a free agent after her Impact contract expired recently, according to Fightful.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.