Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WrestleVotes says WWE “legitimately has no idea what the WWE title match at WrestleMania is going to be at this point.”
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer said WWE had Roman Reigns do the post-match chair beatdown on Seth Rollins so they would boo him instead of booing the match finish.
- PW Insider says there’s a belief that “we’d probably see more with Nikki and Brie Bella for WrestleMania 38.”
- The Observer notes there were a lot of former wrestlers who were called to work the Royal Rumble matches and turned it down.
- Bryan Alvarez mentions Kofi Kingston wasn’t supposed to be eliminated when he was, and there were spots planned with Big E later in the match.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.