Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Fightful mentioned that WWE is planning to bring the Elimination Chamber to their next show in Saudi Arabia, scheduled for Saturday, Feb. 19.
- Someone in Saudi Arabia told Mat Men’s Andrew Zarian that WWE might also tape an episode of Raw while they are there.
- It sounds like Triple H was “bummed out” by WWE’s sweeping cuts to NXT and Performance Center staff last week, per PWTorch’s Wade Keller. Triple H was building the team he planned to use if he ever ran the main roster, but that group was suddenly dismantled by the releases.
- While discussing Asuka’s potential return for the upcoming Royal Rumble match, Zarian stated, “she should be cleared now.”
- On his “Les Anti-Pods de la Lutte” podcast, Pat Laprade claimed that former ROH World champ PCO has signed a contract with Impact Wrestling. The deal allows for PCO to work indie dates, but Impact bookings take priority.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.