Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Seth Rollins played to the crowd against The Usos in a dark segment after SmackDown last Friday, leading to speculation from WrestleNews.co and others that he may at least lean babyface for his Royal Rumble program with Roman Reigns.
- The famous “Rock Concert” main event with The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin has been edited out of the Peacock version of Mar. 23, 2003 Raw. A highlight video of the WrestleMania 19 go home segment is still on WWE.com
- Several people in WWE love Wardlow’s potential and the company will try to lure him away from AEW when his contract is up, tweets WrestleVotes.
- On his What Happened When podcast, Tony Schiavone revealed AEW picked up a two-year extension on his existing contract. He’ll remain with the company through at least mid-2024.
- According to PW Insider, Moose & Deonna Purrazzo were “banged up” after their matches at Impact’s Hard To Kill PPV, but haven’t missed any bookings as a result. Trey Miguel and Rosemary weren’t so lucky, and will miss this weekend’s Wrestling Revolver show due to injuries suffered last weekend.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.