Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to Fightful, Kevin Owens’ contract with WWE will come up in January 2022 after his deal was restructured ahead of the pandemic.
- Ringside News claims Bray Wyatt and AEW have had talks and the current expectation is he will sign there when his no compete clause is up.
- Per the Observer, AEW tried to acquire the rights to “The Final Countdown” for Bryan Danielson’s entrance theme but Europe wanted too much money.
- SI says Adam Cole verbally gave his word but didn’t sign his new AEW deal until the day of All Out.
- Bodyslam.net claims there are no plans for Tessa Blanchard to sign with WWE, AEW, or even with some indie promotions because no one wants near her right now.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.