Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Vince McMahon was not at last night’s Raw taping, per PW Insider. Bruce Prichard ran the show, with McMahon sending in notes and changing things.
- Prichard’s pitch to Adam Cole was to be a heel manager on SmackDown, says Ringside News.
- WWE officials were not surprised by Cole’s appearances at All Out and had nothing but good things to say about the way he handled his departure, reports Fightful Select. Ringside News adds they were told no one in power at WWE views Bryan Danielson or Cole “as a big loss”.
- According to Cassidy Haynes of bodyslam.net, Cody Rhodes will return to AEW television within the month. Sources told Haynes there are big plans for Rhodes when he comes back.
- Contrary to a prior report from the Observer, Fightful’s Sean Ross Sapp doesn’t think Bray Wyatt will end up in AEW.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.