Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Alexa Bliss was in the initial draft of the Raw script that Vince McMahon tore up last week, according to WrestlingNews.co. It’s not clear why McMahon decided to move away from the Bliss vs. Charlotte Flair feud that was set-up the week before.
- Sasha Banks was backstage at last week’s SmackDown in Jacksonville, per Fightful Select. It’s not known if WWE is making creative plans for Banks. An earlier rumor said she’d be cleared for this week’s Madison Square Garden Show.
- According to Ringside News, budget cuts led WWE to part ways with their long-term caterer in favor of venue-supplied food, and in November a new cheaper vendor. They’re also down to one backstage camera crew, a move one “tenured member of the creative team” said was “short sighted”.
- The Bump host Evan Mack left WWE last week, says PW Insider.
- Insider notes the slower release schedule for original programming, such as a delayed John Cena episode of Broken Skull Sessions, is due to WWE merging their Advance Media and Television Production departments earlier this year.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.