Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The Wrestling Observer Newsletter commented on a previous report The Rock was a lock for WrestleMania 39 in Los Angeles, saying it still depends on his schedule. They do say Brock Lesnar’s new deal is for 8 - 12 matches and likely ensures he’ll be at WrestleMania 38.
- This week’s Newsletter also walks back the report from Observer Radio’s Bryan Alvarez that Vince McMahon & Bruce Prichard will be producing NXT. McMahon, Prichard, Nick Khan, Kevin Dunn & John Laurinaitis may have “more influence” on how high level talent is used and future releases, but the week-to-week booking & production will still be handled by Triple H’s team.
- A talent meeting was reportedly held to assure the roster Prichard & McMahon are not taking over the brand.
- A WWE source who works closely with McMahon & Prichard told Fightful Select they doubt the men would have time add producing NXT to their already packed schedules.
- AEW has hired a Head of Global Programming and Partnerships to spearhead their international expansion, says PW Insider.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.